LICA exists to glorify God by offering a Christ-centered, quality education that assists parents in developing leaders and disciples of Christ.
Philosophy of Christian Education : It is our conviction that a school is an institution set up by man for the education and training of our children. A school should provide both an environment and a curriculum conducive to effective learning. We believe that, as a Christian school, it is our responsibility to build Christian character in our students. We believe that children should be trained to do right because it is right to do right, and not to do so just for rewards. We believe that there is a natural need for well-defined boundaries governing their behavior. The supervisor/monitor in the learning center is the authority and must be upheld and respected by the students and their parents.
We expect our students to be honest and to exercise personal initiative in classwork and homework. Every student must show respect and must obey in attitude and action certain definite rules which are set forth. Therefore, in summary, our philosophy may be stated as follows :
Our Statement of Faith
1. We believe the Scriptures of the Old and New Testaments are verbally inspired of God and inerrant in the original writings and that they are of supreme and final authority in faith and life.
2. We believe in one God, eternally existing in three persons - Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
3. We believe that Jesus Christ was begotten by the Holy Spirit, born of the Virgin Mary, and is true God and true man.
4. We believe that man was created in the image of God, that he sinned and thereby incurred not only physical death but also spiritual death which is separation from God ; and that all human beings are born with a sinful nature, and, in case of those who reach moral responsibility, become sinners in thought, word, and deed.
5. We believe that the Lord Jesus Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures as a representative and substitutionary sacrifice ; thus, all who believe in Him are justified through His blood.
6. We believe in the resurrection of the crucified body of our Lord, in His ascension into Heaven, and in His present life there for us as High Priest and advocate.
7. We believe in “That Blessed Hope”- the personal, pre-millennial, and imminent return of our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ.
8. We believe that all who receive the Lord Jesus Christ by faith are born again of the Holy Spirit and thereby become children of God.
9. We believe in the preeminence of the local and visible church, baptism by immersion for believers, and the ordinance of the Lord’s Supper.
10. We believe in the bodily resurrection of the just and the unjust, the everlasting blessedness of the saved, and the everlasting conscious punishment of the lost.